Table of Contents
mint – education Get the latest news and analysis on business, finance, politics from mint, the website of the Mint newspaper, one of India’s leading business and financial dailies
- The changing profiles of in-demand IITianson December 5, 2023 at 12:32 PM
The spectre of generative AI and automation hangs large over the IITs at this year’s campus hiring, with companies showing a preference for engineers with specialist skills beyond coding
- UGC NET December 2023: NTA makes Admit Card for applicants live. Know where to download, other detailson December 4, 2023 at 7:06 PM
National Testing Agency (NTA) Monday said the Admit Card for applicants of UGC NET December 2023 has been made live at URL https://ugcnet.nta.ac.in and applicants whose examination is scheduled on 6th, 7th and 8th December, can now download their admit card from the website
- IITs caution recruiters not to delay joining dates of studentson December 3, 2023 at 12:11 PM
The premier engineering colleges are concerned about a repeat of potential delays in onboarding of students selected at this year’s campus placements
- Ola the surprise visitor on 1st day of IIT placementson December 1, 2023 at 2:07 PM
Google, Microsoft, Apple, Qualcomm, Sony Japan, Tata Group, and HPCL were among the marquee recruiters at the three premier institutes on the first day of campus hiring
- Delhi schools: From point criteria, age relaxation to registration fee. Top 10 points about entry-level admissionon December 1, 2023 at 9:29 AM
The registration process for admission to pre-primary schools in Delhi has started. The minimum age for nursery is three years, for KG class it is four years, and for Class 1 it is five years
- CBSE to scrap division, distinction in Class 10, 12 board exams. Check details hereon December 1, 2023 at 8:25 AM
The CBSE will not award any division, distinction or aggregate of marks in class 10 and 12 board exams.
- Delhi school admission: Here’s the timeline for pre-primary admission, from ongoing registration to closure of processon November 30, 2023 at 8:10 AM
Delhi pre-primary school admission registration process for classes nursery, KG, and Class 1 in private schools began on November 23. The first list of selected applicants will be released on January 12, 2024.
- BPSC 69th Main Exam 2023: Registration for 475 posts begins tomorrow at bpsc.bih.nic.inon November 26, 2023 at 2:28 PM
As per the official notification, the last date to apply for the BPSC 69th mains examination is December 6, 2023. All 5299 eligible candidates, who have qualified for the preliminary examination, can apply for the main examination through the official website of BPSC at bpsc.bih.nic.in
- NEET was imposed on Tamil Nadu, state will get itself exempted with public support: MK Stalinon November 26, 2023 at 12:32 PM
An anti-NEET signature campaign initiated by the DMK’s youth wing, student wing and medical wing has become a ‘people’s movement’, says Stalin
- ‘Students without Biology in Class 12 can still become doctors’: NMC guidelineson November 24, 2023 at 6:59 AM
The PCM stream students can clear the biology/biotechnology examination as an additional subject at 10+2 level from any recognised board to become a doctor eventually
- Indian student population in German universities skyrockets, outpaces Chinaon November 23, 2023 at 5:38 PM
The number of Indian students studying in Germany has increased by 107% in 4 years, surpassing China as the largest source of international students.
- SBI PO Prelims Result 2023: State Bank of India declares results of Probationary Officers examinationon November 22, 2023 at 4:04 AM
SBI PO Prelims Result 2023 announced by State Bank of India. Candidates can check their results on the official website, sbi.co.in.
- UGC to revise National Eligibility Test syllabus, says Chairman Jagadesh Kumaron November 21, 2023 at 1:38 PM
The University Grants Commission (UGC) will revise the syllabus for the National Eligibility Test (NET) syllabus, said Chairman Jagadesh Kumar.
- JEE Main 2024: Abu Dhabi joins as new examination centre, confirms NTAon November 18, 2023 at 7:41 AM
Abu Dhabi has been included as a new examination center for JEE Main 2024 following a request from the Indian Ambassador in Abu Dhabi.
- SBI PO Prelims Result 2023 expected soon: How to check results at official website?on November 17, 2023 at 7:18 AM
Candidates can check their SBI PO Prelims Results 2023 on the official website of SBI by logging in with their registration number and password
- Despite visa hurdles, Indian students in US surged a record 35% in 2022-23, surpassing China. 5 things we know so faron November 13, 2023 at 9:47 AM
During the student visa season, the US Embassy and Consulates in India granted a record-high number of student visas, marking an 18% surge increase over the same timeframe.
- MBBS seats in India surge by 80% over 9 years, says Jitendra Singhon November 11, 2023 at 8:27 AM
The number of MBBS seats in India has increased from 51,348 to 91,927 in nine years under Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s leadership, making medical education more affordable.
- QS Asia University Rankings 2024: India beats China with highest number of universitieson November 8, 2023 at 12:06 PM
QS Asia University Rankings 2024: The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay secured 40th rank — emerging as the highest ranking Indian institution in Asia.
- Delhi NCR Air Pollution: Is Odd-even scheme cancelled? Supreme Court calls it ‘mere optics’on November 7, 2023 at 10:22 AM
The Supreme Court on Tuesday called Delhi’s Odd-Even scheme “mere optics”. Delhi Environment Minister Gopal Rai then said the government will study the Supreme Court’s order before rolling out the scheme.
- CAT 2023 exam admit cards to be released today; Check time and other details hereon November 7, 2023 at 6:30 AM
CAT 2023 exam will be conducted on November 26, 2023 in multiple test centres across 155 cities.
- Small cities rival metros in candidates heading abroadon November 4, 2023 at 5:47 AM
A sluggishness in the economy has spurred a wave of migration from Punjab, AP, Telangana, and Haryana, as IT sector hiring falters.
mint – politics Get the latest news and analysis on business, finance, politics from mint, the website of the Mint newspaper, one of India’s leading business and financial dailies
- Winter Session 2023 Day 3: Nirmala Sitharaman to present Supplementary Demands for Grants 2023-24on December 6, 2023 at 1:54 AM
During the second day of the ongoing Winter Session of Parliament, a vigorous debate unfolded in the Lok Sabha regarding two Bills related to the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Security beefed up in Ayodhya for 31st Babri Masjid demolition anniversaryon December 6, 2023 at 1:10 AM
Ahead of the anniversary of the Babri Masjid demolition, the local administration has tightened security in Uttar Pradesh’s Ayodhya, officials said on Tuesday.
- Sachin Pilot was being chased, his movement tracked, phone tapped in 2020 by state govt, claims Ashok Gehlot OSDon December 5, 2023 at 5:21 PM
Congress leader Sachin Pilot’s movement was tracked and his phone was also tapped by Rajasthan government when he rebelled against the party in 2020, claimed Ashok Gehlot’s officer on special duty (OSD)
- Half of Telangana MLAs face serious criminal caseson December 5, 2023 at 1:23 PM
Of the five states that recently went to the polls, Telangana had the highest prevalence of legislators facing criminal cases, with 82 out of 119 having this dubious distinction, up from 73 in 2018.