ESE Stands for Engineering Services Exam. UPSC conducts ESE every year in two stages accompanied by a personal Interview and also the officers go through a training process which is of different duration for every department.
Table of Contents
Engineering Services Exam 2021 – Important Dates
- Engineering Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2021 is scheduled on 18th July 2021.
- Last Date to Apply for ESE 2021 is 27th April 2021
- Engineering Services (Main) Examination will be held on 10th October 2021
|No.||Exam Name||Notification Date||Last Date of Receipt of Application||Exam Date||Duration|
|13||Engineering Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2021||07.04.2021||27.04.2021||18.07.2021||1 DAY|
|20||Engineering Services (Main) Examination, 2021||10.10.2021||1 DAY|
Engineering Services Examination 2021 – Question Pattern
ESE Prelims Exam Pattern
|Papers||Number of Questions||Duration of Exam||Maximum Marks|
|Paper 1 (General Studies & Engineering Aptitude)||100||2 hours||200|
|Paper 2 (Engineering Discipline)||150||3 hours||300|
|Total||250 Questions||5 hours||500 marks|
ESE Mains Exam Pattern
|IES Main Papers||Number of Questions||Duration of Exam||Maximum Marks|
|Paper 1 (Engineering Discipline)||5 out of 8 Optional Questions||3 hours||300|
|Paper 2 (Engineering Discipline)||5 out of 8 Optional Questions||3 hours||300|
|Total||10 Questions||6 hours||600 marks|
- This stage is also known as Personality Test and the final stage in ESE.
- Only candidates qualifying the written exams are called for the interview round.
- The candidates are scored out of 200 marks.
Engineering Services Examination 2021 – Syllabus
ESE 2021 FAQs
The last date to register for UPSC ESE 2021 is 27.04.2021
UPSC ESE prelims will be held on 18.07.2021
USPS ESE Mains exam is on 10.10.2021