Here is the list of most important organisation related to the Ministry of Communication and Information & Technology.
- National Centre for Geo-Informatics (NCoG) provides GIS based services to government ministries/departments.
- National Cyber Co-ordination Centre (NCCC) is being set-up with an aim to generate cyber security situational awareness to anticipate and prepare for cyber attacks.
- The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) was established in 2009, as an attached office to the Planning Commission now an attached office of Ministry of Electronics and IT with a vision to implement the Aadhaar scheme.
- In accordance with the provision contained under Section 48(1) of the IT Act 2000, the Cyber Regulations Appellate Tribunal (CRAT) was established in 2006.
- Education and Research Network (ERNET), India is an autonomous scientific society of the Ministry. ERNET has made significant contribution for the emergence of networking in the country.
- National Informatics Centre (NIC) was established in 1976, and has since emerged as a “prime builder” of e-government/e-governance applications.
- National Internet Exchange (NIXI) is a not for profit organization set up under Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956 (now Section 8 under Companies Act, 2013) for peering of ISPs among themselves and routing the domestic traffic within the country.
- National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT) a scientific society of the MeitY, is actively engaged in capacity building and skill development in Information Technology (IT).
- Software Technology Parks of India (STPI) was set up in 1991 as an autonomous society under the MeitY for promotion of software exports from the country.
- Media Lab Asia has been promoted by this Ministry as a not-for-profit company to bring the benefits of ICT to the common man.
- Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) is a functional organisation of the Ministry, which has been designated under Section 70B of the Information Technology (Amendment) Act, 2008 to serve as the national agency to perform functions in the area of cyber security.
- Society for Applied Microwave Electronics Engineering and Research (SAMEER) was set up in 1984 as an autonomous laboratory in Mumbai to undertake R & D work in the areas of Microwave Engineering and Electromagnetic Engineering Technology.
- National Informatics Centre Services Inc. (NICSI) was set up by National Informatics Centre (NIC) in 1995 as its extended arm for providing total ICT solutions to the central and state government departments and organizations.