Monthly Current Affairs
The Indian economy has started to gear up with the Unlock, though certain states/districts are still under lockdown. The government has announced various initiatives so that the citizens do not panic. Some of the initiatives are – Validity of vehicle permits extended, Telcos to extend prepaid validity, Govt extended PLI, RPLI Premium payment period, extended crop loan interest benefits, etc. The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has announced setting up of a CII COVID Rehabilitation and Relief Fund (CRR) to assist small enterprises or MSME in rehabilitation. Apart from this, there are various apps launched by the State Government to help citizens in this pandemic situation. There were various events like these that you should be aware of to ace the Current Affairs/General Awareness section. Below are the monthly current affairs of the past few months that you can read for a quick revision.
Highlights of Current Affairs 4th June 2021
Construction of six submarines approved
- The Defence Ministry has cleared a mega project to build six conventional submarines for the Indian Navy at a cost of around Rs 43,000 crore.
- The Request for Proposal (RFP) for the Make-in-India project named ‘P-75 India’ will be issued soon.
- The decision was taken at a meeting of the Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) chaired by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh.
Facebook appoints Marne Levine as CBO
- Facebook Inc has appointed Marne Levine as its new Chief Business Officer, a new post in the executive ranks of the tech giant.
- Prior to the new role, Levine was the Vice Pesident of global partnership at Facebook.
- As Chief Business Officer, she will now report to Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg.
- Earlier Levine has also served as Instagram’s Chief Operating Officer.
- WarnerMedia has announced the appointment of Amit Malhotra as MD for its streaming service HBO Max in southeast Asia and India. Malhotra will report to Johannes Larcher, Head of HBO Max International.
- Carlo Ancelotti has returned to Real Madrid as a coach, rejoining from Everton. He was previously in charge of the Madrid-based club between 2013 and 2015.
RBI announces GSAP 2.0 of ₹1.2 trillion
- RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das has announced the second tranche of the bond-buying program of ₹1.2 lakh crore, along expected lines.
- The Government Securities Acquisition Program (GSAP 2.0), which is higher than the first tranche, will be conducted in the second quarter of the financial year.
- The remaining ₹40,000 crores of GSAP 1.0 will be conducted on 27 June 2021.
United Airlines will launch Supersonic Jet
- United Airlines has announced plans to buy 15 planes from airline startup Boom Supersonic in a move that could revive the high-speed form of air travel after the Concorde was wound down in 2003.
- Under the deal, it would purchase Boom’s “Overture” aircraft once the planes meet “United’s demanding safety, operating and sustainability requirements” with an aim to start passenger travel in 2029.
RBI keeps policy repo rate unchanged
- RBI has kept the benchmark interest rates unchanged amid COVID-19 uncertainty and fears over inflation.
- The projected Gross Domestic Product growth rate will be 9.5 percent for the current fiscal year.
- RBI has kept the repo rate unchanged at 4.25 percent, the sixth time in a row.
- The RBI reverse repo rate or RBI’s borrowing rate also remains unchanged at 3.35 percent.
Dr Patrick Amoth: Chair of WHO Executive Board
- The Acting Director-General for Health Dr. Patrick Amoth has been elected the chairperson of the Executive Board of the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Dr. Amoth was elected to the position on June 1, 2021, during the 149th session of the WHO’s Executive Board held in Geneva, Switzerland.
- He takes over from India’s Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Dr. Harsh Vardhan
Important Weekly Current Affairs April 2021
- The Reserve bank of India has communicated that the applicable base rate will be charged as 7.81 percent. It has been lowered by 15 basis points (0.15 %).
- IndiGo has launched a door-to-door baggage transfer service in Delhi & Hyderabad in which customer luggage gets securely packed & transported from the 1st to the last destination.
- Wipro Limited has appointed former Walmart executive Subha Tatavarti as its Chief Technology Officer.
- The Kerala High Court on 10 April 2021 held that a child born to a couple in a live-in relationship will be treated as a child born to a married couple for the purpose of the Juvenile Justice Act and Adoption Guidelines.
- Kanthraj N, a Bangalore-based watercolor artist is all set to auction “My Life’s Work”, the 1st physically linked Non-Fungible Tokens(NFT), which is an assembly of his 12 original award-winning paintings.
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the acquisition by Tata Digital Limited of up to 64.3% of the total share capital of Supermarket Grocery Supplies Private Ltd (SGS) and its sole control over Innovative Retail Concepts (IRC).
|Current Affairs May 2021||Download Now|
|Current Affairs April 2021||Click Here|
|Current Affairs March 2021||Click Here|
|Current Affairs February 2021||Click Here|
|Current Affairs January 2021||Click Here|
Important Monthly Current Affairs of 2020
|Current Affairs December 2020||Click Here|
|Current Affairs November 2020||Click Here|
|Current Affairs October 2020||Click Here|
|Current Affairs September 2020||Click Here|
|Current Affairs August 2020||Click Here|
|Current Affairs July 2020||Click Here|
|Current Affairs June 2020||Click Here|
|Current Affairs May 2020||Click Here|
|Current Affairs April 2020||Click Here|
|Current Affairs March 2020||Click Here|
|Current Affairs February 2020||Click Here|
|Current Affairs January 2020||Click Here|
Important Monthly Current Affairs of 2019
|Current Affairs December 2019||Click Here|
|Current Affairs November 2019||Click Here|
|Current Affairs October 2019||Click Here|
|Current Affairs September 2019||Click Here|
|Current Affairs August 2019||Click Here|
|Current Affairs July 2019||Click Here|
|Current Affairs June 2019||Click Here|
|Current Affairs May 2019||Click Here|
|Current Affairs April 2019||Click Here|
|Current Affairs March 2019||Click Here|
|Current Affairs February 2019||Click Here|
|Current Affairs January 2019||Click Here|